Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lent 2012: The First Seven Days

Lent 2012 didn't start as it should have.  I basically cheated on it on the first day.  The night before I bought some candy and was going to eat that night.  But I ended up falling asleep.  So I ate it the next day on the first day of Lent.  That's not all either.  I ate a piece of chocolate and drank some pop.  I totally was going to get an iced tea, but I wasn't thinking.  Today I was going to get an iced tea in the vending machine at work, but I didn't realize the iced tea was out and ended up drinking a Coke. That was after I tried to get my money back.  The other days in between was a breeze.  Nothing eventful happened.

The thing about it is, the candy, was that it was tempting me per se.  I wanted it gone so I ate it.  I didn't want to throw it away and waste money.  It wasn't a temptation.  I wasn't thinking.  It's not like I forgot that it was Lent.  It's hard to explain it.  I just did it.

I know I can go Lent without cheating because I have done so in the past.  But it is easy to cheat.  That doesn't make you a bad person.  A lot of people have slipped up during Lent.  Nobody is perfect and everybody is prone to slipping up during Lent.  So they shouldn't look down upon you for slipping up.

Here is to another week free of slip ups in the second week of Lent.  Hope you have a cheat free second week as well.

1 comment:

  1. Good attitude, Chris. Put it behind you and continue on with 'Lenting.' I await the next update!

    I've done fasts and broken them and done fasts and fully succeeded. It feels good to totally succeed but I think learning to pick ourselves up when we slip is maybe just as important as never slipping, perhaps more so.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.