Sunday, December 07, 2014

Not in the Christmas Spirit Yet

I like Christmas.  This is a time to reflect on the past year.  Or so they say.  It is also a time to spend with family and friends with good food and coversation.  I love Christmas carols whether they be traditional or non-traditional.

We are deep into the 2014 Christmas season.  But this year, I'm not feeling it as much as in the past.  I just need something to get me in the spirit.  I haven't been listening to a lot of Christmas carols/music.  Although I can't go a Christmas season without listening to Boney M.'s "Christmas Album."  The odd time I will give the Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton Christmas album "Once Upon a Christmas."  Oh my childhood.

With that being said, I've had egg nog.  As good as that is, that hasn't gotten me into the spirit.  I've seen a little bit of Christmas programming on TV.  That hasn't gotten me into the spirit.  I'm not a Grinch by any means, but I just need that one thing.

This time of the year is so busy with Christmas parties, Christmas shopping, and getting everything ready for the holidays that we sometimes forget the meaning of Christmas.  Maybe a Christmas movie marathon is in order.  Classics like "Home Alone," "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York," "Scrooge," a first viewing of "A Christmas Story" (never seen it), etc. etc..  Or maybe listening to a ton of Christmas music might be in order.  Or maybe going to the Crackers Christmas gathering on the 14th might be in order as well.

Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll find it.  One thing is a bummer, one of my good buddies will not be home for Christmas as he has to work over it..  But another buddy should be home.  I'll have to ask him.

I wish you and yours a safe and merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.