Saturday, July 15, 2006

Song Recording

Today I went over Mark's house and we recorded a song I wrote. Well the lyrics anyways and he write the chords. It's a power ballad. It's awesome for my first song ever recorded. Mark has a new recorder which is sweet because you can add drums and stuff to it.

What we did was recorded the guitar part first. I sang so Mark knew knew where he was so he didn't lose his spot. Mark did four takes with the guitar. Then we recorded the vocals in which I did. Then Mark recorded the bass part. Some of it with the bass sounds like Geddy Lee with some intense finger work. It's awesome. Then Mark added the drums into the song. Then Mark did the guitar solo and he was being so anal about it because he know how wanted to do it, but it wouldn't come out right. But then finally we settled on the solo.

The solo has some made tapping and shredding. Then at the end of the solo it has a pick slide. It was awesome. Mark said he hasn't practiced guitar in about two weeks. He agreed with me when I said that it was a good day for him. But it did take awhile to record, but it's worth it in the end because you get a feeling of accomplishment.

We listened to solo a few times because it was so awesome. The song is over seven minutes. I didn't think it was that long of a song. But nevertheless, it was cool to record the song "And Maybe They Are Right."

Mark does a lot of recording with stuff he makes up. So I listened to some of the stuff he has recorded. I think recording yourself playing is a good thing because it helps you see what you could use for another song and what you could improve on. In CBC (Covenant Bible College), we are going to record some stuff when we have time. It's going to be awesome laying down some tracks at school.

Mark said he hopes that he hopes we meet a bassist at CBC because he/she could record with us. Even a drummer would be cool. A full band would be awesome to record with. I hope that is does happen. We can record more of my songs. I am so pumped to do more recording. Who knows, maybe this could lead to a career for me. But I will see what the future holds for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.