Sunday, October 03, 2010

Relating

Whenever I watch a movie, see a trailer for a movie, listen to a song, etc., I find that there are things within those types of media that I can relate to. For instance I seen a trailer for an upcoming movie entitled "Love and Other Drugs" which stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway. Now the trailer showcased a line in which I can relate to. This may not be an exact quote, but Gyllenhaal' character pretty much says what I feel. He says something to the effect of, "The more you reject me, the more I want you."

I feel that quote is true in my life. I feel that the more this person rejects me in the way I want, the more I want this person. She knows it, but doesn't want it like I do which is how I relate to this in some round about way.

In the same breath I feel like Ricky Gervais's character in the "Invention of Lying" is someone I also can relate to in terms of how his character likes this one woman who is Jennifer Garner's character yet she doesn't feel the same way. Even though they remain good friends, Garner's character goes on to dating Rob Lowe's character just because he is a "perfect" genetic match for her. Gervais's character likes Garner's character and doesn't want to see her with Lowe's character because he is an asshole. Even though Gervais becomes rich and successful, Garner's character still doesn't feel the same way. That is until she talks to her mother and tells things about him that she likes. Then she starts changing or so it seems. Garner's character continues dating Gervais's character even though Gervais's character becomes rich and famous. He is invited to her wedding and doesn't want to go until his friend tells him he should. So he does and when the wedding officiant asks if anyone objects to them getting married, Gervais's character objects and even though he pours his heart about to her, she tells him that she has to marry Lowe's character because he is a "perfect" genetic match. Gervais's character knows that being a "perfect" genetic match doesn't always equal happiness which is so true. So in the end he gets the woman he wants despite all the negative stuff she mentioned about him in the earlier in the movie. She went from realizing that you don't need someone who you think is perfect to be happy to you can be happy with the one you are with.

I get how Gervais's character likes Garner's character, but goes through being friends with her. I have the same thing with my best friend. I want to be with her, but she doesn't feel the same way. Don't get me wrong, but I'm very blessed to have her in my life as my best friend. I don't like bringing up this issue with her because it makes me feel so UGH if you know what I mean. But you get what I mean. Gervais throughout most of the movie wanting her like I want this person, but even he ended up getting the woman he wants. That's something I'm still waiting on.

When it comes to music, I can relate to lyrics of some songs. For instance, "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars is one of those songs. It's just a simple song about telling a girl how beautiful she is which my best friend is. The chorus sums it up perfectly:

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

So as you can see, Bruno Mars wrote a song that I found relates to me in how I feel about my best friend. She is beautiful, amazing, and just plain awesome. Bruno Mars admits it's not lyrically mind blowing which it isn't, but it does says something that a lot of songs don't in this day in age. I like it for that because again, this songs says what I feel.

You can see how some of this stuff relates to me. If life played out like a movie or song, then there would be a lot of more positives like me getting what I want instead of having to wait for the one I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.