Thursday, April 28, 2016

Song of the Day #54 - Barenaked Ladies

I was looking up Barenaked Ladies songs today and I came upon "The Old Apartment" once again.  I've never really looked at the lyrics to the song.  I read them and they seemed dark.  The lyrics pulled me towards this idea of a broken relationship.  That's not the case.  It is in fact about going back to their "old apartment" "where we used to live."  He ends up breaking in to reminisce.  He recalls the "broken glass," "the crooked landing, crooked landlord;" and other disadvantages, although he feels nostalgia for those memories that are long since gone.

I bet you didn't know that the video was directed by fellow Canadian and fan Jason Priestly.

"The Old Apartment" by Barenaked Ladies
YouTube link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.