Sunday, December 09, 2018

A Recent Life Changing Event

I have fought with family such as sisters, mom, and dad, a certain cousin growing up. But at the end of the day, I know they will have my back even though I have made mistakes. I am going to change. For those that don't know, I had a recent epilepsy flare up and had seizures. I haven't been consistent in taking my meds.

It was a life changing experience. I was seizure free for three years. I had people supporting me during that time. But now I need some positive vibes as I am getting back on track with consistently taking my meds and getting my blood sugars in range.

Also with support and help, I will drop the necessary 100+ pounds to get to my ideal weight. If anybody wants to come to the gym with me and help kick my ass and motivate me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Big thank you to one of my best friends in Mark. Even though he lives in another province, we talk all the time and he gives me encouragement. It is also good that I have co-workers who care and that I can talk to them. I am blessed having friends of the family, other distant relatives, fellow members of my church who are or were in the medical field as nurses or doctors. I know most of them are a message away if I need some support and medical advice. Thank you for that.

Being stubborn growing up has brought me to a place of being diabetic and epileptic. My mom and dad warned me that I could and would become diabetic. It runs in my family. Hell, a distant cousin had seizure and died at a family reunion 22 years ago. You would think that would put things in perspective. Obviously not. My sister, Angela, reminds me of that. Even though it is hard to hear, it is a reality that could happen.

Here I am working on bettering myself. I will be a tough road, but the end results will be worth it. The end result will be better for my diabetes as I will no longer rely on my meds and insulin. That's a positive for type 2 diabetes.

Last year, I made some progress with weight loss. That will happen again. It's not because I want it to happen; it's because it needs to happen. No if, ands, or buts about it.

Again, whatever encouragement, support, and love you can send my way; I am grateful for any and all of it.

May you have the most merriest and blessed Christmas. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.