Saturday, December 15, 2018

Change in Sleep Pattern

As you may or may not know, the last little while, my sleep has been screwed up. What happens is, I wake up after a few hours or so. It doesn't matter if go to bed at a decent time or little later. There are times where I woke up after a couple of hours.  It's not good.

No, I don't start my day between 4-6 am. I set my alarm for 7 am. For the most part, I have been waking up before my alarm. That is not always a bad thing, but when you are not getting a full and proper sleep, it is.

A couple things have been going through my mind about this sleep pattern. One is that I am wondering if I am actually becoming an insomniac. That's not something I have had to deal with. Sure there have been times when times when I can't sleep. But that's not the same as being an insomniac. My stepdad is an insomniac. A functioning insomniac at that.  I don't know how he can function of four hours of sleep.  I need a decent amount of sleep to function.

I have been thinking that it could be my recent health issues with my seizures that caused this all.  Before I started recovering, I was waking up at 3 am.  I wonder if that is reason I am now waking up at various times of the night.  The seizures were happening late last month.



I am not sure what exactly is causing this change in my sleep pattern.  But I am leaning towards my seizures being the cause.  I hope I don't insomnia.  It's been three weeks since this change in my sleep pattern has happened.  I have been thinking that maybe I need to start taking melatonin.  It is an over the counter sleeping pill.  I probably won't need a prescription for a sleeping pill.  My stepdad takes a prescription sleeping pill because he needs something strong to help get him to sleep.

Whatever the case may be, I want to find the answer and a solution.  I would like to find a solution without taking some sort of sleep aid if possible.  But if I do end up having to take a sleeping or some other sleep aid, I am fine with that.  I can't get in to see my doctor till January.  So I will have to deal with this current sleep pattern until unless I do a walk-in at the clinic I go to.  Either way, this will be dealt with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.