Saturday, August 20, 2005

Tales From The Fish: SummerSlam 2005 Predictions

For those of you who don't Tales From The Fish, it is my internet column that I write for a few sites. It is mostly pro wrestling. So I thought I would post it on my blog to hopefully get some new readers.


My predictions:

WWE Championship:
John Cena (c) vs. "Y2J" Chris Jericho

I think this match wouldn't be as good as it could be conisdering John Cena is in it and I can't t stand Cena. With the way Bischoff and Jericho have been buddy/buddy lately. I can see Bischoff getting involved and screwing Cena thus helping Jericho get the win.

Winner: "Y2J" Chris Jericho

World Heavyweight Championship:
No Holds Barred:
Batista (c) vs. JBL

We all know that this match should have soom blood in it. But we will have to wait and see wether or not someone gets busted open. But I can see JBL having Orlando Jordan interfere in the match to try and help JBL win with little success. It will come down to a gut check for both men. But Batista will pick up the win.

Winner: Batista

Icon vs. Legend:
"HBK" Shawn Michaels vs. Hulk Hogan

This feud has been building up for weeks. I actually thought Shawn Michaels parody of Hogan on Larry King Live was funny. Michaels proved that he can do some comical stuff. But in the match you will see Hogan doing his famous Hulk up. But I think it won't be enough to beat Shawn Michaels. So I am picking Shawn Michaels.

Winner: "HBK" Shawn Michaels

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

Well this match has been in the making for many months. But if it wasn't for Matt Hardy dragging out for everyone to see then this feud might not have pushed so hard. Edge even did an intense interview before his cage match against Kane. Anyways, Edge will beat the living hell out Matt Hardy. Thus hopefully this match will make Matt Hardy will make him shut up because Matt has become insane. Hopefully this match will end the feud at SummerSlam.

Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker II

This has been an on again, off again feud since Wrestlemania 21. The Undertaker did win at Wrestlemania 21. But this feud has dragged on long enough in my opinion. If Randy Orton wants to get a win then this is place to do it. But I still want The Undertaker to win. Thus, hopefully this feud can end.

Winner: The Undertaker

Eguene vs. Kurt Angle

This has the potential to be the match of the card. Both Eugene and Kurt Angle are extremely talented. There is not denying that fact. But Eugene is fresh off a knee injury and they quickly throw him into a pretty big feud. So it will be interesting to see if Eugene is back up to snuff or not. I really can't see them pushing Eugene to lose. So my pick is Eugene.

Winner: Eugene

Ladder Match For Custody Of Dominick:
Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

This feud has been going on long enough in my opinion. I just think that this feud needs to end at SummerSlam. This match could go anyway. This match is not easy to pick a winner. I want Rey Mysterio to win so he can keep Dominick. But I also want Eddie Guerrero to win so he can feel justified in telling the secret. Eddie Guerrero has yet to beat Rey Mysterio this year. So I am going with Eddie Geurrero even though it was a tough choice.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero

United States Championship:
Orlando Jordan (c) vs. Chris Benoit

This is a rematch from of course Great American Bash of this year. Now I think that Benoit should have won. But I also think it was good that he didn't win because Benoit is above this midcad status. I think that Benoit should not be in this match. Instead, Benoit be should main eventing. They should have put Christian in this match and make it a three way. Even add Booker T. to make it a four corners match. I would have liked to see that. But I hope Benoit wins because Orlando Jordan has been a paper champ and the United States Champions of yester-year would be spitting with anger or rolling over in their grave (R.I.P. Magnum TA) if they knew how the WWE was treating the United States title. Anyways, I feel that Benoit will win.

Winner: Chris Benoit

Thanks for reading and see you on the flipside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.