Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Vespers, Prayer Labyrinth

I just finished Vespers. It's the same service as each Vesper service. I am not saying that is a bad thing. That is not what I am saying at all. There are times when structure is a good thing. I feel that some people need it in there lives. I can say that at times in my life I need structure or I don't get the task at hand done. With that being said, Vespers is a way to connect with God and Jesus in a various ritualistic sort of way.

I am not trying to say to non-believers that it is ritualistic in a bad way. It has candles, incense, and whatnot. I feel that it gives the room a sense of going from a noise filled day to a quiet time of reflection is this service. North America as a whole don't take the time to reflect. We are in a constant state of go, go, go. I feel that if we went a few minutes early (and I am terrible for this sometimes) and had places then we could not be in such a rush to get our next destination or wherever you happen to be going to.

I have made a promise to myself that once a week after the Vespers service, I find someone who possibly needs prayer and just go ask them if they need prayer or put my hand on someone and pray for them if they need it. I asked Jared if he wanted to be prayed for and he said yes. Then there was girl who needed some prayer and she was crying. I didn't know if should pray for her or not. Another student want and prayed with her and prayed for her. I was going to, but that person did.

Tuesday evening and Wednesday mornning we had a prayer labyrinth. It's basically like a bunch of prayer stations. I had experienced something similar to this at Gateway Covenant Church. But this labyrinth here was a bit more rushed as we had people behind you and people in front of you. We had to listen to a CD and each track was a different station. They had a person talking and then some music playing.

I like commuion station. It all goes back to the time when I growing up in an Anglican church in my hometown of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada. In the Anglican church they have communion each Sunday. Having communion more frequently then once a month like the Covenant Church does, it's takes me back to when I was growing up and seeing communion or experiencing it more regularly. I also like the the rock station. You picked up a rock and put all things you need to work put those words into that rock so to speak. Then you put it in a bucket of water and it's like all that stuff is drowning or flowing somewhere so you don't have to deal with it at that specific moment.

The one I hated was the mirror station. It made you take a good look at yourself. I know there are a lot of stuff I need to change about my appearance. I am unmotivated at times and nothing happens. But this year I had made a promise to myself to try and lose weight. It has been slow going so far.

All in all it was interesting doing the labyrinth. I would want to do it again because I wanted to do it not becase we had to.

That's it for now. I will talk to you people later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.