Saturday, May 31, 2008

Recording Music Among Other Things

Lately I have been thinking more and more about music, recording, and stuff like that. You know, my current job is not what it once was. I would like to do nothing but music or something else I enjoy. But I don't want to sacrifice pay verses doing something I enjoy. I need to pay for rent, food, and gas. I would like to find a job that would keep me well off.

Back to my original topic... I want to do nothing but recording. But I don't have the funds to get any equipment. I just have enough funds to get me through the month. I would like to do some gigs that would bring in some decent money to sustain myself. Sure money is not everything, but I would like to be financially stable. Is that such a bad thing. But than again, I have to be realistic about what will get me financally stablized. If I could do nothing but music, recording, or even radio for life I would. But right now things are such that I can't do that.

I just don't want to be stuck in a dead end job for the rest of my life being just another number being elevated to mid-level management position. Is that so wrong to not want that. Sure my mom is willing to be a mid-level manager at Wal-Mart, but I just want something more for myself.

I will keep thinking about what I should do next with my life.

No comments: