Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Is St. Patrick's Day Pointless?

Most people who are non-Christian make a big deal about St. Patrick's Day. They feel they have to get drunk whether they are Irish or not. I myself have never seen what the big deal is with St. Patrick's and the fascination with getting drunk? Do most people not realize that St. Patrick is a religious figure in the realm of Christianity.

I find it ironic they are using a Christian's saints birthday as an excuse to drink and get drunk. There are plenty of other days that people can do that on. Why does it have to be one specific day. Plus he is not even Irish. St. Patrick is Welsh. But most don't see that.

People go out, get drunk, than have a bad hangover the next day. Sure I like to drink every now and then, but some people make a big deal about having to go out on St. Patrick's Day and a get tanked. Again I ask, why do you need a certain day to go out and drink?

I feel as though aside from the Christianity aspect of St. Patrick's Day, is using this day as an excuse to drink is pointless? I guess maybe I don't get it. But I feel it is pointless. Maybe someone can explain to me the whole point. Is a hangover worth it to drink on one day? Isn't that what Fridays, Saturdays, birthdays, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, and other such days for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.