Saturday, January 30, 2016

Exercise and Physical Activity

As you may or may not know, I have been exercising and getting more physically active because of my diabetes.  Losing weight and being active helps keep my blood sugars low, reduces insulin, and potentially reduces the amount of pills I have to take.  All that is a positive.

I notice when I don't do anything, I feel sluggish.  I try to something each day, but it is not always possible.  When I am busy, I don't feel it as much.  But when I am lazing around being a "couch potato," I feel it more.

Sometimes there is the motivation factor.  There was one day I didn't feel like doing anything.  I didn't feel motivated.  But I did a little bit regardless of that lack of motivation.  I need to find other things aside from walking and Wii Fit to add to my weight loss regime.  Something to help change up what I am doing as from those two things.

I noted to myself that I will go to the gym once I am back in Saskatoon.  I do have the muscle.  If I worked on that, I would be ripped if I did.  I even thought of going to the gym before all this happened.  But that never happened.  My laziness and lack of motivation got the better of me.  It is one thing to say you'll do it and another to actual do it.  I just need to stick to it.

Being faced with something like diabetes really puts things in perspective.  It shouldn't have to come to this to make a physical change in my life.  Than again there are a lot of diabetics who still don't make that change.  They don't care.  I am not going to be one of those people.  You can tell them all you want.  That doesn't mean they will listen.  Sometimes it is hard to be told this.  That perverbial pill can be hard to swallow.  I know for myself that I have a hard time hearing this.  When I was younger I didn't want to hear.  They weren't saying it to be a jerk or asshole.  They said it because they care.

Hindsight is 20/20.  If I had listened, I would not be diabetic.  I made those choices.  Now I have to live with the consequences for the rest of my life.

So here's to a better me physically.  Let's see what the rest of 2016 brings me in that regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.