Monday, February 01, 2016

Song of the Day #51 - Joni Mitchell

I am not the biggest Joni Mitchell fan out there.  What I think of her as a person is irrelevant.  I like this version better than the original she recorded in the 60s.  I heard this song when I happened to be watching figure skating of all things.  It was this version from 2000 that was used.  Such a beautiful song when done in this way.

Proof of how powerful this version is is the scene in "Love Actually" when Emma Thompson's character receives the album "Both Sides Now" for Christmas.  That is the album this version is on.  Her character goes into her room, listens to the song than breaks down.  Powerful scene.  I only seen the clip mind you.

"Both Sides Now" by Joni Mitchell
YouTube link



Here is the clip from Love Actually.
YouTube links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.