Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My Sister's Supposed Engagement - Need Some Advice

One day I was on MSN and my sister asked me... "Do you want to come to my wedding?" I was like huh? "I am getting married." She said her boyfriend has ordered a ring and that the wedding is in 2007. I was taken aback by all this. It came at me all too quick. I was like speechless. I didn't know what to say. So I said a few things in responce to what she had just told me. Basically I told her that I she doesn't regret getting married because she and her boyfriend like to argue. It's not your little spats. Okay, it's sometimes is little spats but most other times it's major arguing. God love them and all but it sometimes gets too much.

Now then one day recently I went over to my sister's apartment after work to pick up somethings that I have left there and checked out her new computer. It's better then what she was running. It's used, but it has Windows XP Home Edition. Anyways, we got to talking and the subject of her wedding came up. She was telling me who her maid of honor is and I gave her suggestions as to who her brides maids could be. But she flat out said NO! It's like those suggestions weren't good enough for her. She was telling me what colors she was having and all this other stuff.

I held my tongue on my thoughts. I want to tell her how I feel but I am not sure how go about saying it. One on hand, I want to get married and live her life the way she wants. But on the other hand I don't want her to make a huge mistake with her life. I mean, I feel as though the negative thoughts are stronger then the positive ones. I mean, I just feel them getting a divorce because they like to argue like I mentioned.

My other sister who lives in Saskatoon even has doubts about this wedding. I was talking to her on MSN one day and I told her that I thought she would get married before my sister Heather did.

I feel so conflicted on this matter. I don't think she has even told our parents yet which is the bad thing about it. I just need advice and prayer as I try and come to terms with this issue. I hope my sister come to realization that she should hold off on marriage for now. So any comments, advice, and prayer would be greatly appreciated.

I guess I have some praying of my own to do. *Sigh*

Maybe the next post will be much more upbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.