Saturday, January 13, 2007

Small Group Auditions, Resident Mentor

Yesterday the small group auditions happened. I tried out with a piece I wrote. The piece was called "Am I A Saint." My friend Mark accompanied me. I played the piano while Mark played guitar. It went as expected and I think I did well. At least I didn't screw up. But I heard that Brian has some people in mind that he wants in the group as far as music goes. I think that if you already have set in your mind who you want in the group is I guess wrong in a sense. I mean, they maybe talented musicians and all, but would they work good in this small group ministry team?

Rob, Mark, and myself were talking and Mark said that he heard that this small group was going to be acoustic. If I remember correctly, each year is acoustic. In 2004 when small group came to my church in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, they played acoustic. If you change it up and have electric guitar and even saxophone, then there wouldn't attitude of no I don't want acoustic. I mean you could even balance out acoustic with electric. A healthy balance of both is key.

The list of who made the cut will be posted this coming Thursday. I am hoping that I make the cut, but I don't, sure I will be bummed out about it and all, but I won't dwell on it. I mean, sure it will be a great opportunity and it will be an experience of a lifetime, also it will be something to remember for the rest of your life. Plus it will giving back to the churches that support CBC through the ministry of music, drama, and so forth. So in with that being said, I hope that I make it and I guess I will just pray about it and what happens, happens.

Now onto another subject at hand. I submitted my name to Paul Lessard via email about being a resident mentor for the 2007-2008 school year here at CBC. I didn't write a hugely long email because I felt it wasn't necessary. Some basic stuff I said was that I have been thinking about it and that I could mentor the CBC students just like this years are doing. I also put that it would be a great opportunity for me to be in that role of leadership and of mentorship. So I will see what happens. If I don't get in with being a resident mentor, then I will apply to a broadcasting school in Saskatoon to become a radio DJ.

I will leave you with this quote that I find relates to what have I have been talking about.

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life waiting for us."
-Joseph Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.