Monday, April 06, 2009

Don't Give Them The Satisfaction

I read the latest blog post by my friend Mark Jensen. He basically said that he will stop blogging for the summer so he can be free from distractions. Or minimal ones anyways. That is something I can respect. But what gets me is the fact that he will is worried about what this so-called "big brother" of the Internet thinks of him.

I left comment basically saying that he shouldn't give them the satisfaction of quieting his voice. I am a supporter of freedom of speech and he should continue to blog. He shouldn't care about what someone who doesn't even know him thinks about him. But this day in age, what people thinks of themselves is everything. It is sickening that people need that validation in their personal lives. Your career is different because that is how you make your living obviously.

People seem so consumed with if the most popular person thinks highly of them. You see it on TV and in the movies. When the popular person at school notices them and for a fleeting moment excepts them into her group, they are like: "OMG they noticed me." Some people must have a lack of self-esteem if they try to get the popular person to notice them. I could be wrong though.

Basically, what I am saying is do something because you want to do it not because you are doing it to please the masses. So Mark, don't give them the satisfaction. My life isn't anything great at this point in time, but I blog because it allows me to vent, post ideas, give an update as to how I am doing, etc., etc.. He should blog for the same reasons. I may not be able to change his mind, but this should give him something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.