Wednesday, August 11, 2010

People On My Facebook Friends List

Have you ever thought of removing people from Facebook that you don't talk to? Or people that you don't know why you even bothered adding? Do you think how many true friends you would have on your "friends" list on Facebook if you removed a ton of people? I right now have 428 people on my "friends" ranging from family, friends, classmates, past co-workers, people in the wrestling business, etc.. It's sad to think that I know that many people (minus the people in the wrestling business) and bothered to add them. There are a number of other people I could add, but for various reasons don't.

Some people add people because they want to have the most possible friends even if they only talk to ten of them on a semi-regular basis. This is the same thing that happens on MySpace. That is why I was so against MySpace like 5-6 years ago. But I only got a MySpace profile because of my music.

Even though we may know hundreds of people, do we truly talk to that many people? Is it really necessary to have that many people on your "friends" list? Or are people trying to be popular online because they failed at being popular offline?

I've contemplated removing people and I have removed a few, but I guess I'm just too lazy to remove people. I will eventually get around to removing people. Don't take it personally that I remove you because it's nothing personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.