Thursday, August 05, 2010

Paranormal Activity

So Tuesday evening I finally watched "Paranormal Activity." Now I don't believe in ghosts, aliens, and other stuff in the paranormal realm. The only ghost I believe in is the Holy Ghost. But that is another post for another time. So as I was watching the film, it got me thinking. I wasn't thinking in a bad way like it was messing with my mind and freaking me out sort of thing. It was more of a "what if" type thinking.

I was thinking what if it happened to someone I know, then what? It would be pretty messed up for something unexplainable to happen to someone I know. I would be asking myself why it's happening to them. I am not saying that I would be converted into being a believer of that stuff by any means. Isn't it only natural to question stuff when it happens to you or someone you know? You never really question this stuff unless it's happening to you or you are into this stuff.

The rage nowadays are the paranormal reality shows like "Ghost Hunters." I don't care for those type of shows myself. I don't see what is so good about these type of shows. Sure back in the day I watched "Unsolved Mysteries," but I found it interesting even though I don't believe in it. That's the only paranormal show, real or fictional I truly like. I've never liked "Outer Limits," "X-Files," "Ghost Hunters," "Ghost Whisperer," etc.. But now even "Unsolved Mysteries" which was good for so many years has gone the way of more crime based stories and trying to locate criminals. Isn't that what "America's Most Wanted" or some similar show is for? Robert Stack gave "Unsolved Mysteries" that eerie feel to it. Maybe that is why it was such a good show for so many years. But the current host Dennis Farina isn't that good and nobody can ever give "Unsolved Mysteries" that same feel as Stack did.

In any event, "Paranormal Activity" was an alright film even if it was fiction as I have discovered and I will never understand why some people are into this type of stuff. The whole conspiracy theories, aliens, ghosts, hauntings, wicca, witchcraft, and other such related stuff. Sure movies and films will get me thinking from time to time, but I just can't wrap my mind around why some people are so fascinated by this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.