Monday, May 11, 2020

Song of the #61 - Dream Theater

This is the story of my first time listening to Dream Theater.  This is before Mark gave a proper introduction to them at Covenant Bible College (CBC).  I was told about Dream Theater by Mark, but I never listened to them prior to what happens in this story.

Living at the farm with my dad, we had a computer with Windows 98se on it.  This was in the mid-200s or so.  At this time, Windows Media Player had a search function and it would bring up search results like a browser.  I never had anything to download music.  Even if LimeWire was compatible with Windows 98se, I never heard until I was at CBC.  Anyways, the interesting thing was you could download or listen to music you found in that search.  Thanks to Mark, I searched Dream Theater and I came across today's song of the day, "Octavarium."  I listened to it and it blew my mind.  24 minutes of mind blowing amazing music.  Something I'll never forget.  I even told Mark that this song blew my mind.  So good.

I owe it all to Mark for not just telling me about Dream Theater, but also getting me to dive head first into Dream Theater at CBC thus becoming a fan.  Very glad I did.  Thank you.

"Octavarium" by Dream Theater
YouTube link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.