Monday, June 30, 2008

Males Showing Emotion

I was watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and you know how they have some feel good sad story about a family or person who is struggling or have done good, but has got nothing in return.

The one episode I was watching was about this one single parent native family that lived in the worst living conditions possible on a reserve. It was too the point where they had no running water and the roof was held down by tires. As I was watching this, I got teary eyed because you genuinely feel for those people. I am not afraid to say that.

I am sure I will ridiculed by some people, but I don't care. See, the thing about it is a lot of males have grown up with idea that we are not supposed to cry. That is the stereotypical male macho attitude talking. I know that my dad grew up not showing emotion. Many times in my life I didn't either. For instance when my Great Granny died. I was sad sure, but I didn't show emotion like other family members. Looking back on it now I get teary eyed. The point I am trying to make is that we need to get rid of that macho attitude that we as males cannot show emotion. I guess it's the fact that we don't want to show our sensitive side.

I just hate when you hear that stereotypical attitude. I would like to go up that person and give them a piece of my mind. What if we show our emotions will we be seen as pansies? HELLS NO!!! You see I am comfortable showing my emotions when watching a show like Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Cut the macho crap and remember it's the 21st not the some medieval emotionless time where males couldn't show emotion. If you want to show your emotions than go ahead. Who am I to stop you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.