Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Music

As some of you may know, I am a big lover of music. I know what I like and dislike when it comes to music. I am not one of those people who like one genre or one artist. I like a plethora of genres from rock to heavy metal to jazz to blues to folk to Christian rock and many others. I like a plethora of artists from Rush to Dream Theater to Andy McKee to Pomplamoose to Julia Nunes to Van Halen to Diana Krall and many others.

I have been more perceptive to songs in the last month or so. Even if it's a country song or an R&B song or a song from a genre that I particularly listen to all that much or even like. Sometimes the song just seems to fit how I'm thinking or feeling. For instance "Amazed" by Lonestar knows how I feel about a certain situation. It's just crazy how I can relate to songs these days. I mean, before I never paid attention to that as much. But now it's just this perceptiveness that has grown in me. Maybe it's my feelings coming out in a different way instead of just verbalizing it or writing it in a text message or whatnot.

Becoming more perceptive all started when I was in a funk last month. I've recognized this trait in me now and it has seemingly gotten stronger. As well, my love for music has grown as I have found songs outside of the genres and artists that I like which I never thought that would happen.

I guess it's odd how life works with music and teaching you things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.