Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Music

As some of you may know, I am a big lover of music. I know what I like and dislike when it comes to music. I am not one of those people who like one genre or one artist. I like a plethora of genres from rock to heavy metal to jazz to blues to folk to Christian rock and many others. I like a plethora of artists from Rush to Dream Theater to Andy McKee to Pomplamoose to Julia Nunes to Van Halen to Diana Krall and many others.

I have been more perceptive to songs in the last month or so. Even if it's a country song or an R&B song or a song from a genre that I particularly listen to all that much or even like. Sometimes the song just seems to fit how I'm thinking or feeling. For instance "Amazed" by Lonestar knows how I feel about a certain situation. It's just crazy how I can relate to songs these days. I mean, before I never paid attention to that as much. But now it's just this perceptiveness that has grown in me. Maybe it's my feelings coming out in a different way instead of just verbalizing it or writing it in a text message or whatnot.

Becoming more perceptive all started when I was in a funk last month. I've recognized this trait in me now and it has seemingly gotten stronger. As well, my love for music has grown as I have found songs outside of the genres and artists that I like which I never thought that would happen.

I guess it's odd how life works with music and teaching you things.

No comments: