Thursday, December 23, 2010

Top Ten Non-Traditional Christmas Songs

I figured since we are in the Christmas season, I thought I would run down my top ten non-traditional Christmas songs of all-time as they currently are.  When I say non-traditional, I mean they are ones that are not ones like "Oh Holy Night," "Silent Night," "O Come All Ye Faithful," and others I will start at number ten.  Enjoy!

#10 - "Wonderful Christmas Time" by Paul McCartney & Wings
YouTube link

The tenth spot was hard to come up with.  But this a good one and makes number ten.



#9 - "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee
YouTube link

Can't go wrong with a classic version!



#8 - "Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms
YouTube link

Can't go wrong with a classic version!



#7 - "Where Are You Christmas" by Faith Hill
YouTube link

I'll admit that I'm not the biggest country music fan out there or Faith Hill fan for that matter, but this is a great song from How The Grinch Stole Christmas.



#6 - "White Christmas" by Dina Krall
YouTube link

A great jazz version of this song.  Even though Bing Crosby does a great version of the song, Diana Krall is one of my favourite jazz artists!



#5 - "Mary's Boy Child/Oh My Lord" by Boney M
YouTube link

I grew up listening to this song and it was on one of their Christmas albums that we had.



#4 - "I'll Be Home For Christmas" by Josh Groban
YouTube link

Another song with so many versions, but I chose this one because of messages from the troops which just makes this version that much more unique.  Also, Josh Gorban is another favourite singer of mine.



#3 - "The Christmas Song" by Michael Buble
YouTube link

There are also many versions of this song.  Even though I thought of posting the Diana Krall version, the Michael Buble version of this song is so soothing and jazzy.  It's a great vocal from one of my favourite singers.



#2 - "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" by Coldplay
YouTube link

There are many covers of this song and I chose this version by Coldplay as I liked the vocal Chris Martin did.



#1 - "My Favourite Time Of Year" by The Florin Street Band
YouTube link


I found this one randomly on YouTube yesterday (Tuesday) and I was instantly blown away by the song and video.  This band did the song without the backing a record company and it did make onto the some charts in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.