Friday, December 24, 2010

Top Ten Traditional Christmas Songs

I gave you my list of top ten non-traditional Christmas songs.  Now I will run down my top favourite traditional Christmas songs.  These are the carols that have been sung for centuries and are known as "traditional" with messages of peace, love, hope, Christ, etc..  I will start at number ten.  Enjoy!

#10 - "Carol of the Bell" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
YouTube link

Trans-Siberian Orchestra is AMAZING!  You might recognize this from "Home Alone."  Check this metal version of it!



#9 - "O Come O Come Emanuel" by Joel Cathy and Colleen Ballinger featuring Wade Johnston
YouTube link

Another YouTube collaboration which is a great version!



#8 - "Ding Dong Merrily On High" by Charlotte Church
YouTube link

It was hard to find a version done by a lot of people.  So I chose Charlotte Church.  It's a great version in itself.



#7 - "Silent Night" by Andrea Bocelli
YouTube link

Another great version of a classic Christmas carol by the one and only Andrea Bocelli.



#6 - "O Holy Night" by MercyMe
YouTube link

A great version by a favourite Christian rock band of mine.



#5 - "The Holly And The Ivy" by Jim Brickman
YouTube link

I couldn't find a good one with vocals I liked.  So I am using a very good piano instrumental version of it by Jim Brickman.



#4 - "Angels We Have Heard On High" by Andrea Bocelli
YouTube link

This is an amazing version by an amazing operatic tenor singer in Andrea Bocelli.  The words I say would not be enough to express how awesome he is on this song.



#3 - "The First Noel" by Kenny Rogers and Boyz II Men
YouTube link


A unique pairing of Kenny Rogers and Boyz II Men, but it worked for this classic traditional Christmas song.



#2 - "I Saw Three Ships" by Sting
YouTube link


This is a great version by one of my favourite singer-songwriters and musicians.  His voice just makes it ace!



#1 - "O Come All Ye Faithful" by Pomplamoose featuring Wade Johnston
YouTube link
Download song

A great version by a favourite talented duo of mine accompanied by an equally talented Wade Johnston.  They do this version in a different and unique way.




I seriously hope you enjoyed it because it took a bunch of searching and thinking to come up with this list.  If I don't post anything before Christmas, I just want to wish a safe and blessed Christmas.  Merry Christmas peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.