Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Short Sleeve Sampson - Legend, Class Act, Uber Professional

On December 5th,  High Impact Wrestling rolled through Saskatoon again as part of their Christmas Rampage Tour.  They also brought back Short Sleeve Sampson.  He was the first wrestler I met at a wrestling event ever.  The memories of that night still remains.  He was a class act on that day in 2012.

Fast forward over a year and a half later.  Sampson announced his retirement from professional wrestling after a 15 year career.  He also announced that he is going to embark on a farewell tour of about 40 dates.  Upon finding this out, I instantly post on the HIW Facebook group saying that they should bring him back.  Low and behold when they announced their Christmas Rampage Tour, they announced they were bringing him back for their three date tour.  I was so stoked.  But when December 5 arrived, I was truly excited for the event.  Thank you to Dice Steele for saving a V.I.P. ticket for me.  So I got a picture in the ring with Sampson.

Next night in Regina, I went down to King's Challenge IV.  I wouldn't miss King's Challenge IV, but I also wouldn't miss Sampson's last Saskatchewan date ever.  It great to see such a true professional in back-to-back nights.  It's too bad that he won't be back in a wrestling capacity.  I told time on Facebook the next day that it be awesome if he came back for a Q&A and an autograph session.  He seemed down for the idea.  Maybe King Kash would be up for the idea.

If you get the chance to meet Sampson, don't pass it up.  You'll regret it if you pass up the opportunity.  He is a class act.  He is one of the nicest and most chill guys you'll meet in the wrestling business.  It was great to see him again.  The Sampsonites are going to miss him around these parts.

Here is the quick story Shaw TV did on the event.  It is features Short Sleeve Sampson and Dice Steele.



Here's to wishing Sampson a great rest of his farewell tour and a happy retirement.  I truly hope our paths cross again one day.  Sampson, if you read this, like I said, if you do take a trip out this way, please don't hesitate to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.