Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Different Cultures

After going to FolkFest I got to thinking. I got to thinking about how these people are keeping the traditions and the practices from their cultures alive in another country. Sure I am proud of my roots and where they come from. But I don't do things that my ancestors did and where they came from. I am proud that I am Scottish, German, French, English, and Romanian. Yet, as I said, I don't do the practices of those places.

It shows they don't want to lose their identity in another country. I can respect that. But at the same time they can't just come over to Canada and expect to not adapt to our ways. We can't be ignorant to their culture either. Just because you don't know about another culture doesn't mean what you think you know is right either. Just because a someone is from India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, some place over in that area of the world doesn't mean they are a terrorist.

In short, we should never lose our identity based on where we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.