Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Long Blessed Weekend

This past weekend was a long one as I went back home to Prince Albert.  I went back because on Saturday, it was my Grandma Sheldon's 80th come and go tea.  Even though her birthday is in March, this is the only time we could get a hall booked, but it was a great day nonetheless.  The sheer amount of people that blessed my Grandma's day with unbelievable.  Family, friends, neighbours from when she lived on the farm, and people from the church were all there.  There were a lot of people who I haven't seen in a long time.  It was great to see them again.  In total, nearly 200 people were there to celebrate her special day.  I thank everyone who came from near and far to join us.

If you know my family, than you'll know that we won't leave you feeling hungry as there was lots of food.  2 pm was a little program where my Auntie Merle was the MC of it.  Also, we modeled various items my Grandma knitted and sewed over the years.  I showed off my afghan blanket.  In fact, I was the only one who wasn't modeling something that couldn't be worn like mitts or a dress.  I ate supper at the hall with family.  Even though it was a great day, it was long.  But it was a blessed day.

On Sunday, my cousin Jeff and his wife Tania got his two week old daughter Johanna baptized at St. Anglican Church.  It was great to worship Anglican style.  That is something I don't get to do very often.  I give Norbert credit for playing off my nephew walking up the aisle and making noise during the sermon.  More food was had after the service.  More fellowship and a blessed time was had.

The weekend was a long and blessed one.  But it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.