Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My Life Right Now

Well, I have told many people that my life was looking up. But it seems to have suddenly came to a screeching halt. I had a car, a job, but no perspective place to live. It seems as though, I have been dragging my feet on this whole finding a place to live deal. I got it good where I am. But I should move out on my own instead of living with my sister. It's great and all, but I need to move out on my own. Plus, I do recognize that my sister and her boyfriend... well fiancee need their privacy. It's just that I am looking for the best possible place for the cheapest rent, but that isn't always available. A good location is also key.

Why should I be so picky? Maybe part of the reason is because I don't want to live in an area where the rent is so damn cheap, while the lingering thought in the back of my mind that it's an utter shit area to live in. I am sure you can see where I am going. If my niece and two nephews were to come over, I don't want to have to be subject to the shit in the area where I live. I mean, is it so hard to ask for a decent area to live in. I mean, my sisters area of Saskatoon is pretty good place to live. It's not a shit hole. It's nice community area with a park the kids can go place in. They are close to the Market Mall, a bowling alley, churches, and whatnot. But I digress, the search for a place continues.

If I was living in Prince Albert, I know for a fact that I would living on the farm. While that is not a bad thing, the job situation might be a bit worse. Saskatoon is better for getting jobs unlike Prince Albert.

Speaking of the job situation, I bet by now you know that I work at GC Teleservices doing collections for Capital One. Well, I have thought about getting another job. One that pays even more and better hours. I mean it's great not having to get up at 5:00 in the morning to get ready for work, but in on the other hand, the day shift is pretty good as well. I do pretty good at my job and all that, but as my friend Marlin has made a good point on is that sitting around makes a person lazy. I couldn't agree more. If you know me, than you will know that I am lazy. A job that I move around at isn't so bad, but I stick around at GC Teleservices for the money. The incentives to stick around are great. I mean, they give out sweet as prizes for refering people like entries into a draw for a sweet prizes. The current prize for refering someone is a 46" flat panel TV. Who wouldn't want that. Also, you get your referal bonus as well. But there is catch to getting the full thing. You and the person that gets hired both get $400. There are stuff like that make a person stick around. So you see, that is why I haven't really looked for another job as of right now.

For the last topic to tell you about is schooling. A lot of you know by now that I have my sights on Western Academy Broadcasting College here in Saskatoon. I have set my sights on becoming a radio station DJ. I have wanted to host my own radio show for the longest time. I even one day want to start my own radio station. But that a future dream. Right now I am wondering what I am going to do about paying off my car loan and my student loan if I go to school next fall. I want to go to WABC, but these loans won't pay for themselves. I know that. I understand that. But I want to go to school so I do something I am interested in. Something I love to do. I love music, plus I have been known to just start commentating. When I was at CBC, I would watch people play soccer, football, basketball, or whatever, and I would just commentate on it. That is the announcer in me wanting to come out. I have wanted for the longest time to commentate on wrestling. But that's another tell for another time. So anyways, WABC is step getting me towards my goal of becoming a radio station DJ. Than I could play the music people would want to listen to and not just because it's top 40. There are so many under played artists out there, that radio is just what they need to broaden their fanbase. WABC is where I want to get accepted into for next fall.

Peace, love, and rock and roll
Mr. C.C.

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole French

"Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I'll give you a man who will make history. Give me a man with no goals and I'll give you a stock clerk" - J.C. Penny

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

"To will is to select a goal, determine a course of action that will bring one to that goal, and then hold to that action till the goal is reached. The key is action." - Michael Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.