Friday, September 28, 2007

Writing Songs

I have been trying to get ideas to write songs lately, but nothing concrete has flowed from my head to the paper. I don't want to sound redundant with the words the flow from my brain. But it seems as though that is what I put down on paper only to crumple up that piece of paper and start over. I know that I want to stray from the ordinary with my lyrics, but that is easier said than done.

I know I have a lot of lyrics written, but those need tunes put to them. But that's another blog post for another time. I guess you could say that I have a case of writers block. If you know what that is like, than you will know what I am talking about. Sometimes, I can just write, write, write. Than other times... nothing.

I wonder what sort of things I should like to for inspiration? I guess it doesn't have to be one set thing, but you know, inspiration is a good place to start off. I have tried to look at my surroundings for inspiration. But that came up empty. I wonder what to else to look too for inspiration?

If anyone at all has ideas than feel free to post a comment.

That's all she wrote
Mr. C.C.

"Songwriting is different from music, although I don't deny now that it would be nice to have a little more background in music theory." -Neil Diamond, singer/songwriter/musician

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.