Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I Don't Believe In Santa

I don't believe in Santa is the response I got to the question: Are you ready for Santa?

It was after the Christmas Eve service when I was talking to six year old Madeline. I didn't really have a response to that. What am I supposed say? I was taken aback.

In my mind I thought all kids believed in Santa. That was certainly not the case. I know when I was growing up I believed in both Santa and Jesus. Sure Santa is the more secular side of Christmas and Jesus is the Christian side of Christmas.

Maybe it the way a person is raised? Maybe it was the lack of exposure to pop culture? Afterall, Santa is a pop culture icon during this time of year. It could be a number of things.

What would you say to a child who says I don't believe in Santa? It is not so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.