Thursday, June 24, 2010

Making References Nobody Gets

I was just thinking about this and do you make references to something nobody gets? Or I should say most people don't get? I have this problem and unless I am talking to fellow professional wrestling fans, they don't get my references to it. Even then some of the wrestling fans may not get what I am referring too. It all depends on how long you have been a wrestling fan. But anyways, for me, wrestling is the one thing I make reference too that nobody gets. There are times when I say something and sometimes I have follow up by saying that it's fine that you don't get what I am referring too. It's not like I am expecting them to get it or anything, but it does make it easier sometimes if they do.

Seinfeld is another good example. I have a message on Windows Live that some of you may have seen. My friend didn't get it, so I had to explain it too her that it is a reference from Seinfeld. Or Simpson's too. There is a lot of things you can reference in The Simpson's. If you haven't seen any Seinfeld, Simpson's, or any professional wrestling, then of course you wouldn't get any references people make.

I am not saying it's just those three items, but I am just giving those as an example for myself. Other people reference other things obviously, but those are just three of the more main things that I reference that nobody gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.