Monday, June 14, 2010

Wanting To Help A Friend

Have you even felt like you want to help someone like a friend? But you can't or they they won't let you? I have this problem right now. I have this friend who is in a situation, something that is not the most desirable. But I've tried to or offered to help her in other ways then by just being there for her. I know that being there for her is important. But I want to be there for her in other ways too. It makes a person feel helpless when you can't or they won't let you more so. I have told her that she is doing what she has to do to make it and have a better life for herself and her son. But sometimes I feel she may not believe it. It breaks my heart as a friend to see her in this way and seemingly in a state of pain. I am reminded of a song I wrote a few years back entitled "Things Will Change" and it seems appropriate here in this instance especially the chorus:

You've got to realize
And not just fantasize
That things will change
You've to take it all in
As you start to begin to realize
That things will change

My friend needs to know that things will change. It is not some fantasy that she has been dreaming up for who knows how long. She is actually trying and she needs to know that in the end it will be all worth it. But again, I'm wanting to help her in more then just an "I'm here to talk" kind of way. I've been subtle sometimes and other times I've been blunt about it. I think being subtle isn't working too well because there have a bunch of times that I've been subtle and she didn't pick up on that I was referring to me. But anyways, it's not such a bad thing to have someone help you. She knows how much I care and I just want to be there for her in more ways then she may know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.